So...I'm going to post September's gifts. And I think that technically, if I was going to do 1000 gifts in a year that I should be hitting 1000 right now.
You may have also noticed that my gifts posts aren't so pretty anymore...there being no pictures and all. It's not that pictures don't exist...it's just that I've gotten lazy about blogging in general so that means that I've gotten lazy about putting pictures up along with the gifts I've listed.
In fact, being lazy is probably why this list isn't going to hit 1000 in one year either.
And it's not that I've been lazy about being thankful to God for all these wonderful - and maybe not so wonderful - things in my life, because I have been! In fact, I've been super thankful. I've just been taking so much time to actually live in the moment! I think that has been one of the best things about this project - it has helped teach me how to be more present in my everyday life. And that is one thing that I'm very, very thankful for!
So here it is...my sort of short list of gifts for September:
685. The Fischels family reunion in Iowa!
686. Catching up with extended family
687. Gavin pushing his baby cousin Piper around on at riding toy
688. Logan meeting and making fast friends with his cousin Lucas
689. Justin - just one of the guys
670. Baptism Sunday at the river
671. Four extra little hands to help with dusting
672. Gavin fast asleep in the chair after dinner
673. The house decorated for fall!
674. Curled up - just me and Logan - reading books together
675. Sharing laughter over memories with Justin
676. Bed time stories
677. My friend Sarah's new little boy - here finally and healthy! Months of prayers answered!
678. Hearing Gavin say "ove oo, mom" (Love you, mom) just because
679. Speech therapy
680. Special reading programs and tutoring
682. Logan's first dentist appointment
683. Pizza & movie days at work
684. Laughing hysterically at a book!
685. Birthday cake shared by strangers at McDonalds
686. A trip through the car wash...at Gavin's insistence!
687. School field trip to St. Louis - SUCCESS!
688. St. Louis Cardinals baseball game - my second!
689. Nachos and hot dogs at the ball park
690. Beautiful weather for a trip to the pumpkin patch
691. Gavin's face lit up with excitement over seeing a big tractor!
692. A tractor pulled hayride down to the corn maze
693. A family walk through the corn maze
694. Logan leading the way through the maze - and doing an awesome job
695. Bible trivia to lead us through the maze
696. Walking hand in hand with Gavin - he was a trooper!
697. Justin carrying Gavin up high on his shoulders when Gavin's little legs wore out
698. A "train" ride for the boys when we completed the maze
699. Picking out our own pumpkins in the pumpkin patch
700. My first "photo session" with my boys - I finally had the courage to take their yearly pictures myself instead of hiring someone else!
Monday, September 30, 2013
636. A Mom and Logan day out at Miner Mikes
637. Logan's first tooth lost!
638. A visit from the tooth fairy for Logan and his excitement over her gift of four shiny quarters!
639. A Mom and Gavin day out at the zoo
640. A game of chess with Justin...thank goodness he gives helpful hints!
641. Another game of "chess" with Gavin :-D
642. Watching my boys "play" chess...or at least their version of the game!
643. Justin's wedding ring on again...well, on his pinkie now since his ring shrunk ;-D
644. a fresh, new hair-do...trim & highlights
645. Decorating the kids' room at church with Shelly...
646. ...And a Mexican lunch out after!
647. Lunch & scrap with Cindy for her belated birthday celebration
648. A Duck Dynasty evening marathon with Justin
649. Petting a tiny kitten, watching her fall asleep in my lap belly up
650. Working of debt by house sitting!
651. Using an oven again at Mimi's (ours is still broken for a few more days!)
652. Back to work with good people!
653. Open house at Esther, eased worries & nerves for Logan...and Mom!
654. Comforting my feverish Gavin
655. A husband & father who works for a good company that gives lots of sick leave!
656. Justin staying home from work, caring for our sick Gavin so that I could be at work for the first day of school
657. Logan's first day of 1st grade!
658. Walking Logan to his classroom for the first time
659. Update pictures of Gavin sent fro Justin, home with our feverish kiddo
660. Meeting Logan off the bus after his first day of 1st grade
661. Gorgeous weather, open windows, sweet smelling breezes! All in August!!!
662. Coming home to dinner made, the house clean - my husband rocks!
663. A Dairy Queen trip to celebrate the end of the first day of school & Gavin's quick recovery from illness
664. A family walk on a beautiful evening
665. Gavin soundly asleep in the stroller
666. New books delivered to my classroom
667. Gavin's third birthday!
668. A TMNT birthday cake!
669. A game of t-ball in the backyard
670. Duck Dynasty on TV, cuddled up on the couch with Justin
671. A surprise gift - a new book from Justin!
672. A successful communion meditation delivered - my first!
673. The end of the first full week of school - and a good week it was!
674. An awesome new "date night" babysitter for the boys
675. First date night in a long, long time!
676. Sushi and hibachi grill with a glass of wine
677. Picking out books at B&N with Justin
678. Movie night with "We're the Millers"
679. School field trip to Bennett Spring!
680. Sun shinning through tree tops
681. Blue-green spring
682. Picking peppers straight from the garden
683. Motorcycle rides with Papa Jeff
684. Batting practice with Logan
Monday, September 23, 2013
591. Portable DVD player for hours of entertainment on a long car ride!
592. Quick staff in the ER
593. Two staples to close the gash and nothing else!
594. Running & delighted squeals while being discharged from the ER - Signs of a perfectly ok Gavin
595. Gavin and Grandma on a sight seeing walk
596. Sunshine, nice breeze, perfect temperatures - a great day for a parade
597. A beautiful country to live in...
598. ...and all the men and women who work hard and sacrifice to protect that for all ofus!
599. Little hands collecting candy from the parade
600. Pulled pork sandwiches with Dad & Dannielle followed by a staeout for our firework-viewing seats!
601. Watching Logan play, bounce, and race with his cousins at the park
602. Adam & Katie taking Logan with them for an ice cream cone
603. Seeing all four kids gathered around my sister-in-low having a good time
604. Playing on the iPad, niece and nephew in lap to give me a hand
605. An amazing firework show!
606. Breakfast and catch-up with Miranda
607. Gavin & Logan taking turns driving the lawn mower with my dad and brother
608. Gavin falling asleep in my arms
609. Family gathered together around the fire
610. Logan roasting a hot dog up over the fire for me!
611. Hot & gooey s'mores - again made by Logan for me!
612. Four cousins "driving" the tractor together
613. Stopping in to visit Marcia - seeing each other for the first time in six years!
614. Coming home from a trip to a clean house, dinner cooked, and my handsome husband
615. Sleeping in my own bed again - always a treat after a trip!
616. Making art using pastels with Logan at Arty Smarty
617. Starting a new story Bible with my boys
618. July 10th - Justin's "I love you"
619. Watching Logan pick out his first reading prize at the library - he knew exactly what he wanted!
620. Story time at the library with a special guest reader
621. Facing my fear of snakes with a twenty pound anaconda...against my will!
622. Four of us all snuggled up on the couch together
623. Football camp for Logan...
624. ...and "driving" lessons for Gavin!
625. Logan's excitement over his "Best. Catch. EVER!"
626. Fearless boys at the swimming pool
627. Watching a thunderstorm on the front porch with my three men
628. Shopping spree!
629. Mad science at the library
630. A rainy day spent at home
631. Playing with and scratching nine tiny kittens
632. Chocolate Therapy ice cream after the kids are tucked into bed - thanks Ben & Jerry's!
633. A handmade "thank you" card from a little girl in Sunday school - she was so happy to get to be my helper!
634. A "movie theater" experience at the library
635. Gavin's first bike (tricycle) ride at the park