Monday, January 6, 2014

The 2013 Book List

I think this is everything I read this past year - I'm not always so good about making sure it all gets written down these days!  There are a lot of books here, so I figure I'm pretty close to having them all.

I'm not sure I read any books this year that I would consider super-awesome-oh-my-goodness-everyone-should-read-this-book.  For fiction, I might have thought that about the Divergent series...until I read the last book and felt totally let down.  Despite that, though, it's a good read, and I totally do recommend it you're planning to go see the movie this spring.  As for nonfiction...Kisses from Katie was probably the highlight of my reading - I happened to really enjoy that one!

Anyway...here's the list!

(And in case you're curious...I do keep a reading list each year.  Here's 2012 and 2011!)
FICTION

Mitch Albom
The Time Keeper

Jefferson Bass
Carved in Bone

P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
Marked

Cinda Williams Chima
The Warrior Heir
The Wizard Heir
The Dragon Heir

Cassandra Clare
City of Fallen Angels
City of Lost Souls
Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess

Andrea Cremer
Bloodrose

Sylvia Day
Bared to You
Reflected in You

Janet Evanovich
Eleven On Top

Becca Fitzpatrick
Finale

Sue Grafton
Kinsey and me

Jane Green
To Have and to Hold
Bookends

Charlaine Harris
Dead Ever After
After Dead

Julia Heaberlin
Playing Dead

Elin Hilderbrand
Summer People

Amanda Hocking
Switched
Torn
Ascend

William Joyce
E. Aster Bunnymund

Lauren Kate
Fallen

Richelle Mead
Vampire Academy

Brad Meltzer
The Inner Circle

Lauren Oliver
Delirium
Pandemonium
Requiem
Delirium Stories

James Patterson
Along Came a Spider

Kathy Reichs
Déjà  Dead

Beth Revis
Across the Universe
A Million Suns
Shades of Earth

Veronica Roth
Divergent
Insurgent
Allegiant
Free Four:  Tobias Tells Knife-Throwing Scene
The Transfer:  A Divergent Story

Mary Ann Schaffer & Annie Barrows
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society

Neal Shusterman
Unwind

John Steinbeck
Of Mice and Men


NONFICTION

Rob Bell
Love Wins

Robert Brooks, Ph.D., & Sam Goldstein, Ph.D.
The Power of Resilience

Wayne Cordeiro
Doing Church as a Team

Katie Davis
Kisses from Katie

Jim Gaffigan
Dad is Fat

Jen Hatmaker
Interrupted

Susie Larson
Your Beautiful Purpose

Dr. Kevin Leman
When Your Best Isn’t Good Enough
The Birth Order Book

Phil Robertson
Happy, Happy, Happy

Si Roberston
Si-cology
 
Willie & Korie Roberston
The Duck Commander Family
 
Ann Voskamp
One Thousand Gifts
The Greatest Gift

BIBLE
Job
Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Ruth
Judges
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
Proverbs
Song of Songs
Ecclesiastes


No comments:

Post a Comment