Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The 2012 Book List

Every year I keep track of what I read.  Don't really know why, just do.  I guess I like to look back and see what I've spent all of my free time doing!  This year introduced me to some great new authors:  Jane Green, Elin Hilderbrand, Gillian Flynn.  It also found me perservering through some not-so-great ones...E.L. James, I'm sorry, but I don't understand the big to-do about your Fifty Shades series.  I aslo found myself reading a lot of young adult novels - turns out I liked the Hunger Games so much last year that I was ready to find some similar distopian society literature and I found most of it in the young adult section.  Ally Condie's Matched series wasn't too shabby.  And then there was the nonfiction.  Read quite a bit of that this year (in comparison to past years).  This happened mainly because I started counseling and a women's Bible study group.  Those two things managed to drag me out of the world of fiction and back into reality now and again!

So...here's this year's list....

FICTION

 
Charlaine Harris

Shakespeare’s Christmas

Grave Secret

Deadlocked

Real Murders

 
Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence

 
Janet Evanovich

Two for the Dough

Three to Get Deadly

Four to Score

High Five

Hot Six

Seven Up

Hard Eight

Visions of Sugar Plums

To the Nines

Ten Big Ones


Jane Green

Mr. Maybe

Swapping Lives

Jemima J

The Other Woman

Babyville

Dune Road

The Beach House

 
Ann Brashares

Sisterhood Everlasting


Heather Wardell

Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tattoo

A Life that Fits

Blank Slate Kate

Live Out Loud


Elin Hilderbrand

The Beach House

Silver Girl

A Summer Affair

Barefoot


Rick Riordan

Son of Neptune


James Patterson

The Christmas Wedding

11th Hour


Kathryn Stockett

The Help


Cassandra Clare

City of Bones

City of Ashes

City of Glass


E.L. James

Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Freed


Stephenie Meyer

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

 
Gillian Flynn

Gone Girl

Sharp Objects

Dark Places


Sarah Dessen

That Summer


Ally Condie

Matched

Crossed

Reached

 
Andrea Cremer

Nightshade

Wolfsbane


William Joyce & Laura Geringer

Nicholas St. North & the Nightmare King


NONFICTION

Renee Swope

A Confident Heart


Kim & Krickitt Carpenter

The Vow


Cynthia Heald

Becoming a Woman of Simplicity

 
Dr. Kevin Leeman

Sheet Music

How to Have a New Kid by Friday

 
Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend

Boundaries

 
Dennis Greenberger, PhD

Christine A Padesky, PhD

Mind Over Mood


Dave Carder

Torn Assunder


And that's it!  I always love suggestions for new books and authors, so feel free to leave a few!  If you're curious for some reason, you can click here and check out last year's list!

No comments:

Post a Comment