Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chillaxin' with Grandma & Grandpa

We spent three full days at my parent's house, mostly just hanging around.  On Friday, our second full day there, my mom and sister had to work, so it was just me, my dad, and the boys.  We spent the morning just playing with new toys and games, but by lunch it was time to break things up.  We braved the snow (I'm being dramatic - it was just flurries) and took the boys to McDonalds for lunch and then let them loose in the play place.  After that, we hung out on the couch watching the movie Brave for the first time. 


Then my dad took Logan out to play in the snow, while I stayed inside with a very upset Gavin.  He really didn't understand why he couldn't go out, too, but he was still getting over a sinus infection, and I didn't really want him outside again.  Guess I should have kept that picture of him bawling...

My mom got home from work around 4:30, and the boys ended up coloring on the floor with her.  Well, Gavin did.  Logan was more content to climb all over her in hopes of getting her to wrestle with him!




When my sister got off work and made it back to the house, Dad and I set out to pick up pizzas for dinner.  It wasn't too long after dinner that I had two boys - both who were very tired after a busy day of fun - tucked into their beds for the night.

Then it was time for another fun, grown-up family tradition:  game night!  And that post, well, it is coming soon!



Gift 161 - a tired little boy curled up with his grandpa for an afternoon movie
Gift 162 - laying on bellies coloring in the evening
Gift 163 - pizza dinners 

No comments:

Post a Comment