Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Evening

Though it was so much fun to spend the day out and about with family, it was good to be home again.  Gavin was so tired after a long day with no nap - he went to bed at 5:30!  Logan, though tired too, had a little more umph left.  Justin and I spent the quiet hours of the evening helping Logan put together his Avengers puzzle, building his new Lego dinosaurs, and drinking hot chocolate (coffee! for me and Justin).



For awhile there, Justin and I just sat back, sipping coffee, and watching Logan play inside of his own little dinosaur world.  Not before too long it was time to tuck him into bed.  Then, we had the house to ourselves, silent and cozy while we watched old episodes of LA Ink on Netflix.

It was a chance to reflect back on the day, to see how amazingly blessed I have been by God.  I know I don't have more than some, but I also know I have so much more than others.  At that moment, it was so easy to feel gratitude for God and all He has done in my life.  I not only have so much, but I have so many opportunities to share it with my family. 

It was a very merry Christmas this year.  We are blessed beyond belief.  I pray that all of you out there experienced the abundance of love that I did this year.  Merry Christmas!



Gift #136 - a child playing quietly with his gifts
Gift #137 - Cuddled up on the couch with hot chocolate, Netflix, and Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment