Sunday, December 23, 2012

A December Snapshot

I haven't been a very good blogger this month.  I haven't kept up on writing about all of the fun things we are doing, participating in You Capture or Just Write, or just writing in general.  And now, so much has happened and so much more is about to happen, there just doesn't seem to be any way to really catch up.  So in no particular order....here's the short version of a few things we've been up to.

Logan had his first Christmas music program.  He's in public school, but that didn't stop them from singing some beautiful songs about Jesus.  I loved that!



Afterwards, the two of us went out for ice cream...  One of the employees there thought Logan was so cute she had him pose for a picture and posted it to their facebook page!



Because Gavin got a nasty sinus infection that I had to take him to the doctor for and therefore missed a school field trip, I was in town to go to Logan's school Christmas party after all...he was so surprised and happy when I showed up, and we had a blast!



And despite that nasty sinus infection, Gavin got to go to his day care Christmas party.  His super awesome sitter sent me this picture:

A couple of weeks ago, Logan and I built our very first gingerbread house!  He is quite the construction worker and decorator!




And while Logan has been dabling in the career of food construction, Gavin has been looking into becoming a make-up artist.  After a misadventure with my mascara though, I think he'll be moving on to something else...

...like maybe just being a regular artist?  He's been a huge fan of Christmas crafts!

I'm sure there's more, but I figure these are the highlights!  I can't wait for Christmas Eve tomorrow and Christmas Day on Tuesday!  The next week is going to be full of fun and love!


Gift #112 - building a gingerbread house on a Saturday afternoon
Gift #113 - hearing little voices sing about Jesus
Gift #114 - ice cream just me and Logan
Gift #115 - spending an afternoon at Logan's school Christmas party
Gift #116 - good doctors and good medecine to heal my sick Gavin
Gift #117 - mascara smears on a curious two year old
Gift #118 - snapshots from daycare sent by a loving provider

No comments:

Post a Comment