Monday, December 3, 2012

You Capture ~ Shoes

This is another You Capture that basically fell into my lap just when I was giving up hope of finding an interesting way to take a picture of shoes...


I'm a teacher, and on Friday we took twenty-one awesome teenage girls out for a "girls day out."  The goal of the day was to talk to the girls about the importance of having self-confidence and it's link to making good life choices.


Now, I know what you're thinking.  "Kassandra, what does a field trip on self confidence have to do with shoes?"  Well, the answer is simple:  everything!  At least it has everything to do with shoes when you make the girls do a team building activity that requires them to walk blindfolded through a minefield of mouse traps...


Yes, that is a mouse trap that that poor blindfolded girl is nearly stepping on.  Let me tell ya, I'm really glad I was the "photographer" and got out of being blindfolded and sent through that particular maze!


My only real regret is that I didn't capture that moment when a girl stepped on a trap...now that could have made an interesting capture!  Good thing it's winter and no one was in flip flops...

Needless to say it was an awesome day out with the girls, and this particular team building activity was a bunch of laughs!  Not to mention it got me my You Capture for the week!  Happy capturing everyone!  Hope you enjoyed your visit!


 
Gift #102 - my job with all of it's ups and downs - especially the ups like girls day
Gift #103 - You Capture hosted by Beth - a place to practice my photography and gain inspiration and insight from others

No comments:

Post a Comment