Friday, November 30, 2012

The End & Goal #83

With this post I will have officially completed a NaBloPoMo.  My very first in fact.  I will also have completed Goal #83:  Blog every day for a month.  The questions is, what did I gain from this experience?  Well, let me start by telling you what I didn't get.

First of all, I didn't win any prizes.  I guess when you officially sign up for nablopomo, those that successfully complete the challenge can be "drawn" to win prizes???  As far as I know, I didn't win.  And that's okay, because I didn't do this to win stuff.

Second of all, I didn't really get more "page views" just because I was on a list somewhere.  I guess page views are important to some bloggers?  Yeah, not me so much.  Sure, it's cool to know that people are reading my stuff, but it's not why I do this.  And technically, I guess I did get more page views total for the month, but it was because I had more pages to view since I was blogging every day! 

This leads me to the third thing I didn't get:  more readers.  I guess for some bloggers it's all about how many followers you can get?  Yeah, that's not me either.  I haven't checked my stats page in awhile, but all of my readers were the usual ones as far as I can tell meaning that signing up for noblopomo didn't bring in newbies.

So, if I didn't do this whole blog-every-day-for-a-month thing for prizes, page views, or readers than why do it?  That's an easy one.

I did it because I like to write.  I like to share.  I come here as an outlet for my feelings.  I come here to store the stories of my life so I don't forget them.  And sometimes I simply come here to keep my family updated on our lives. 

But there's been a problem lately.  I haven't been making much time for this space.  I haven't been making much time for me, to do what I love.  This challenge was about me reconnecting with myself and my blog.  By forcing myself to write every day, I reminded myself how much I love to do it!  I'm hoping that my now that my love for writing has been rekindled, that maybe I won't let myself drift so far away from it again, away from myself and who I am. 

The past thirty days have been an amazing experience.  It hasn't been easy.  There were nights I barely squeezed in a post.  Turns out that I actually prefer to write when I have something to write about.  And it turns out that my life doesn't offer up interesting material every single day.  But, here I am at the end of thirty days of posts, and I couldn't be happier with what I have done and what I have achieved!

And to you faithful readers out there...Thank you for coming on this journey with me!  Feel free to keep stopping in - I plan to be writing quite a bit even if it's not every day anymore!  And leave comments - I love hearing what you all have to say! 

Happy end of November everyone!  Hope to see you in December!

 
Gift #101 - Time to write here, my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment