Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Gifts Found in Being Alone

One of the things that I've found hard to do since becoming a mother is spend time alone.  First, it's hard to find time away from my boys (time that doesn't include work).  It's not only hard, it's not something I really want to do a lot of anyway - I LIKE being with my kids!  Second, when I do have time away from my boys, I liked to spend it with my husband!
 
But, I've learned over the past six months or so that alone time is important.  Being able to be alone and still be happy is very important.  So, I've been making sure to take some alone time whether it be quiet time by myself after the boys go to bed or a shopping trip & lunch alone.  By making myself take this time, I've learned that there is joy in these times, too.  These times are gifts, too.
 
41.  Popcorn in bed with a good book
 
 
42.  A quiet lunch by myself
43.  The amazing food from Panera - even more amazing when enjoyed in silence!
44.  Quiet time to read a book
 
 
45.  Time to learn more about photography
 


No comments:

Post a Comment