Monday, January 23, 2012

crumbling

Justin had me read this short story last night.  It was called something like How to Tell a War Story; I'm not sure though and I can't remember who wrote it.  It was strange, honest, and sad.  There was one line towards the end that keeps running through my head over and over again.  It went something like this:

You never realize how alive you feel until you're almost dead.

It struck a chord in me somewhere.  I'm not sure why; I'm not really sure how it fits with my life right now, but I know it does.  Maybe it is because my whole world has been cracked into a million pieces and is on the brink of crumbling into nothing.  Maybe it is because all my dreams and goals are almost dead, and I'm just waiting to feel alive again.

I don't know.  I just don't know much of anything right now.  My heart is borken and I'm just trying to figure out where to go from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment