Friday, January 6, 2012

Remembering Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is probably my favorite day of the entire holiday season.  It's always such a relaxing, easy day at home with my family.  I always do something simple for dinner like cheese, sausage, and crackers.  Then we all get dressed for church, and I force everyone to have their picture taken in front of the Christmas tree before we head off to Christmas Eve service.  The church always looks beautiful and the music and the reading of the Christmas story is so moving no matter how many times you hear it.  Then we come home, set out cookies for Santa, and tuck the boys into bed.

This year was no exception; it was wonderful as always.













Justin plays guitar through the entire service so it is just me and the boys sitting together.  This year Gavin decided to take off on me, but he didn't go far...he just wanted to be closer to the music I guess because he just stood up front and listened.



Afterwards there were cookies and cake (birthday cake, actually), and everyone gathered around to talk.  We couldn't stay too long since it was already 8:30, but we stayed long enough for Logan to eat a cookie.


And Gavin discovered his love of drumming...




No doubts about it...it was a beautiful, perfect Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment