- He has fangs! Yes, I said fangs! He currently has two top teeth, but he got his side teeth first with the two middle teeth nowhere to be found yet!
- Gavin also has one tooth on bottom (this one is a center one) and another one just waiting to break the surface.
- He sits up on his own now with out any problems.
- He rolls all over the place trying to get to different toys.
- He's not crawling...yet...but he's sooo close!
- He grabs at anything an everything now, and all objects are promptly stuffed in his mouth!
- Gavin babbles all of the time - mamamam, dadada, bababa, lalala - you get the picture!
- He also likes to make raspberries. Daddy does not appreciate the amount of drool that doing this leaves all over everything!
- Gavin loves to eat - as long as it is not a green vegetable. Anything fruit is his favorite.
- He's also started trying to "chew" his baby food, so it is time to upgrade to some chunky blends.
- He desperately wants to be able to feed himself with a spoon, but just hasn't quite figured it out yet.
- Gavin also likes to naw on MumMums, and Gerber puffs and wagon wheels.
- We are currently still breastfeeding, but I will be introducing him to some formula in the next week or so...(bummer).
- He naps twice a day now - once in the morning and again in the early afternoon. Naps last anywhere from 1 to 2 1/2 hours.
- He goes to bed around 7 and usually wakes up only once between 1 and 4 to nurse.
- Sometimes he goes back to sleep after eating....but most of the time he insists on staying awake for at least and hour....
- Gavin loves music. If you turn the radio he will begin bouncing and giggling.
- He is fascinated with facial hair - if you have any watch out because he'll want to feel it and pull on it!
- He loves to jump in his bouncer and roll around under his play gym.
- He also likes to just be sat in front of his bucket of toys so he can have at it.
- Walks are also a favorite - he enjoys riding in the stroller, but still prefers to be carried in the baby sling.
- Most of all, Gavin loves to be near his big brother. He watches everything Logan does and gets a kick out of it all!
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Gavin - 8 months
Gavin was eight months old a little over a week ago. Here's what he's up to right now: