Wednesday, November 16, 2011

seems i shoulda taken that recall more seriously...

Before we could leave the hospital with Gavin we had to have our car seat "approved."  Basically this meant that they wrote down the serial number and then looked it up online to see if there were any recalls on it.  Turns out there was a recall on our car seat.  Seems that the backing to the car seat pad could become detached (a.k.a. pulled off by little fingers) and pose a choking hazard.  When the nurse informed of us this we pretended to take it very seriously, promised to take care of it ASAP, left with our baby tucked in his "hazardous" car seat, and promptly forgot there was an issue.

Fast forward fifteen months...

In the past week I have been reminded about the reason our car seat was recalled.  In fact I'm reminded of this fact every single time I pull Gavin out of his seat and find lumps of fuzz stuck to his clothes, fingers, and seat.  Seems that at fifteen months old Gavin has finally figured out that he can reach under the seat pad and detach the padding from the back. 

Dang it all!  This means that recall wasn't as ridiculous as it seemed!

Gavin, of course, thinks it is Great! Fun!  Me - I SHOULD be worried about him stuffing it down his throat and choking as the recall cautions, but instead I'm just annoyed at the amount of fuzz I have to clean up.  Stupid car seat manufactuors - why didn't they think of this to BEGIN with? 

I suppose though that this still means it is time for a new car seat...AT CHRISTMAS!  Ugh...

Now I just have my fingers crossed hoping Gavin weighs enough to forward face AND Logan weighs enough for a booster! 

Do you think I can get away with wrapping a car seat up as a gift from Santa????

Yeah...I didn't think so either...

No comments:

Post a Comment