Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Looking on the bright side

I like to find the positive in everything.  I'm not particularly good at it, but I like to try.  For instance, right now as we conquer The Great Flea Infestation of 2011 I am struggling to find a "bright side."  What's so bright about having your house over run by fleas?  And what is so great about having to vacuum an entire house twice a day?  And constantly worry about whether that little tingle on your skin is normally or little, tiny jumping flea?  Ugh....  See what I mean?  No bright side.

Then after spending the entire day cleaning - again - I stopped and realized that this little incident had forced me to tackle another summer project (one I was beginning to think I would never get around to).

Remember what my living room and "office" looked like before?



It's all just one big room.  And when I took these pictures it was a pretty messy big room.  And very disorganized.  And I hate disorganization.  But after much vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing, and rearranging it looks much better.





We got rid of a few things like the cat tower and an extra lamp, and we added a few things like the rocking chair from Gavin's room.  I like that we have a "living room" now inside of this great big room, and we're working on teaching the boys to keep their toys out of the "living room" and instead play in this great big space in front of my desk.  Maybe it will even stick...

I still have the hall closet on my project list, but after this whole fiasco I don't know if I have the energy to tackle anymore house project past the constant vacuuming for awhile.  Maybe I'll get to it over winter break...

So there, I found a bright side to our fleatastrophy.  Now can it please be over???

No comments:

Post a Comment