If you don't know what Nooma videos are click here. I think the web site can explain it better than I can and I'm too lazy to plagiarize from the site, so just go there. It'll be easier for all of us this way!
Anyway, I haven't been watching the videos in any particular order and I had two left. The amazing thing was that the message in each video seemed to directly pertain to everything I've been struggling with! As I was answering the questions that went along with each video in my journal it was eye opening.
Here's a few examples:
Nooma 005 Noise
- What kind of noise do you have in your life?
- Do you ever surround yourself with noise intentionally?
- Does all of this noise in our lives make it hard to hear God?
- Do you sometimes avoid silence because you're afraid of what God might actually have to say to you?
- Are you ever alone or do you always need somebody around you?
- What are some things in your daily life you could change to eliminate some of the noise?
Then I watched my second - and last - Nooma video:
Nooma 018 Name
- Why do you think we so often worry about what everyone else is doing, saying, or thinking? Should it matter to us what's "normal" for everyone else?
- Do you have the sense of a unique path in your life? Are there ways in which you tend to get distracted from "your path" because of what others do, say, or think?
- What do you think it means for people to claim their history? Have you claimed yours?
- What are some of your limits? Are you okay with your limitations or do you still sometimes wish you had the abilities and circumstances of others?
- Are there things in your life that you do because it's "expected" of you? do these things get in the way of you doing what you really should be doing?
- Do you think you could live in a way where you're not comparing yourself to people who have more than you, who look different than you, or who can do things you can't? Do you think you can ever fully be you if you don't?
- What would it look like for you to compeltely trust Jesus when he says, "You, follow me"?
Right now I'm pretty happy. I've not only crossed of a goal from the list, but I've given myself some things to think about, and I'm in the process of making some big decisions that will hopefully help put me on a happier path.