Thursday, September 8, 2011

making goals

During the summer I made a lot of goals.  Remember the post about my wardrobe?  I'm happy to let you know that I did get rid of all of my maternity clothes and all of the clothes that were too big and all of the clothes that were too small.  Then I went and spent way to much money on new clothes, but I do look and feel better.

Then there were the projects.  I did three out of the four projects (way to go me!), but failed to get around to cleaning out the hall closet.  I think three out four is pretty respectable though don't you?

Then there was the ohmythesummerisalmostoverandIhaven'tdoneanything list.  Needless to say, not much got done off that particular list.

So here I am, one week into September, back at work for the new school year, with a big pile of undone stuff at home.  Being the list maker I am I have decided to make a fall To-Do list.  And I'm giving myself until Christmas to finish the majority of it off.  I think that's fair.

So...here it is:

Artsy/Crafty Goals
  • Finish our beach vacation scrapbook
  • Finish Logan's second year scrapbook
  • Make Logan's third year scrapbook
  • Update Gavin and Logan's baby books with pictures!
  • Make Gavin's birth album using my free coupon from Shutterfly
  • Figure out white balance on my camera
  • Figure out some focus "stuff" on my camera
House Projects
  • Clean out the hall closet
  • Get new rugs for the back door, sliding door, and front door
  • Hang pictures in the toy room
Health Goals
  • Run for 30 minutes straight!
  • Exercise at least three times a week
  • Eat a healthy breakfast everyday (no fast food!)
  • Pack and eat a healthy lunch everyday (no school food!)
Family Goals
  • Read a book with Logan every night (he likes chapter books now!)
  • Start reading with Gavin every night
  • Create a chore chart for Logan
  • Create a rules/consequences chart for Logan
  • Have a date night every month with Justin
  • Plan something special for Justin and I for Friday nights
Just for Me
  • Finish my Nooma videos...I'm soooo close!
  • Finish reading the Bible
  • Do another book study
  • Give up TV for a month???
  • Keep up on my blogging...that's hard to do now that I'm back at work
  • Keep participating in You Capture (hopefully every week!)
It is a pretty heavy duty list I know, but I don't think it is umanageable.  Now that I've said that of course something will happen to keep from doing some of those big projects!  'Course if I don't get it all done now I guess I can just put it on my "Winter List"!

No comments:

Post a Comment