Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Carving Good Time!

This past weekend my parents and sister were here visiting.  We did all kinds of fun things like go the pumpkin farm and decorate pumpkins.  But, the fun didn't stop there.  If one buys pumpkins, one must carve pumpkins.  I'm sure it is some unwritten rule somewhere in a language only small children can read, because let me tell you, Logan insisted we carve pumpkins, too.  Didn't matter that we had Mr. Potato Head-ed a couple.  It wasn't carving, and therefore, it didn't count.  So, carve pumpkins we did.

At least my sister and I did...I'm pretty sure with the exception of scooping out a few handfuls of goo we got no help from any other member of the family.  And, this being the first time I've ever carved a pumpkin myself, I must say it is hard work, and now I know why I have avoided it for so many years by making some one else (Dad, Justin, etc) do it for me!

Didn't help that we bought GIGANTIC pumpkins which means THICK pumpkins which means REALLY, REALLY HARD to carve through pumpkins!

But, Dannielle and I did it, and here's what we ended up with:














The boys were very happy with the work Dannielle and I did, too!

P.S.  The cat carved into the pumpkin is the result of my very own handiwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment