Monday, May 9, 2011

Date Night...except it was day time

Justin and I don't get to go out much.  You know, like on dates.  Just the two of us.  Yeah, it like almost never happens these days.  It's not that we don't want to.  Trust me, we want.  We just can't have very often.

There are three very good reasons for this.
  1. Dates frequently require money.  Even if you pack a lunch and go somewhere "free" you need gas money to get there.  We have zero dollars.  And I do mean zero.  Seriously. 
  2. Dates sans children require a babysitter.  We have two kids.  We struggle in this department.  Especially since said sitter needs to want to watch our kids for free (for explanation see reason #1).
  3. See reason #1
The point is that we don't get to go out often.  In fact the last time we went out together alone was in January (we used gift cards from Christmas to pay for the ENTIRE date - smart, huh?).  It is now May.  I was itching for a date.  It was time to get creative.

I had a doctor's appointment coming up today.  It was for 11:20 which meant I would have to take the entire day off work (appointment was in Springfield and it takes an hour just to get there).  I threw this idea at Justin:  Let's drop the boys off at day care and leave for Springfield.  We can stop on campus, sell back your books from the semester, and then use the money to go out to eat.  And we can wander around before and after the appt. and still be back to get the boys by 3:00.

He was in.  We had a plan.  A plan for a real date.

It was AMAZING!  We made just enough money selling back the only textbook the school would take back to go to Hu Hot.  We also were able to wander Target, Barnes & Noble, Hobby Lobby, and Mardel's with out fear of little hands touching what should not be touched by little hands.  We didn't buy anything of course, because, well, see reasons #1 & #3, but that didn't matter.  What mattered was that we had eight hours together to talk and laugh and remember that we need to nourish our relationship every once in awhile too.  I love my husband.  I love spending time with him.  I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Though, I gotta say....I was pretty happy to see my boys' smiles at the end of the day....


P.S.  In case you care, doctor's appt. went fine.  I have even lost all of my pregnancy weight...finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment