Saturday, June 11, 2011

One of those good days

On the fly we decided to go to Springfield afternoon.  (It is important to point out here that we hardly EVER do things on the fly - it's my fault; I'm a planner and not much on spontaneity.)  But for once, I went with the flow (the trip was all Justin's idea of course - me = planner remember).  And, it turned out to be one of those really good days.  You know, the kind that leave you feeling all good inside and happy to be exactly where you are in exactly that moment.

First, with the exception of one stop to change a poopy diaper (I was not riding in the car one more second smelling poop) the car ride was perfect.  This was a happy surprise as Gavin pretty much hates the car and usually will not ride for longer than 15 minutes before the screaming begins.  But not today; today he was perfectly content. 

Then there was the long walk through the mall in the stroller.  I had to pick up my engagement ring from the jeweler (it had been sent in to fix some loose prongs), and so we decided to keep on strolling down to the other end of the mall to let the boys play in the play place.  Another happy surprise: neither Logan or Gavin through a fit.  This is also unusual as Gavin tends to dislike the stroller only slightly less than the car, and typically we can't get Logan to sit still.  Logan played while Gavin sat - happily - on my lap playing with his diaper bag.  And, when we had to leave because it was time for the area to be clean Logan DIDN'T throw a tantrum! 

Next we took a walk around Justin's college campus.  After all, it was a nice day and the fountain is in working order, and Logan loves the water fountain.  There was a little whining here (Logan claimed to have very tired legs), but nothing crazy.  At this point, I was beginning to think things were going to well to be true.
Then it was time for our favorite stop:  Barnes & Noble.  My boys, they love themselves some books!  (This is also the point in time when I remembered that I brought our point and shoot camera with us and decided to start taking some pictures - I so like taking pictures!)  First, there were snacks in Starbucks...

There were treats too - cookies and oreo stackers - but we scarfed them before I thought to take pictures of their deliciousness...


Darn point and shoot kept giving Gavin evil eyes so I was forced to go black and white, but look how nicely they turned out!

Getting out of Barnes & Noble was the only tough spot of the day - Logan didn't want to go and he made sure we - and everyone in the store - knew it.  Dad set him straight in the parking lot and things reverted back to smooth sailing, and we were on to dinner!

Take a guess where we went...

Yeah, we went to Hooters.  You can't beat the hot wings there...or the curly fries and nacho cheese sauce.  Of course I have no pictures of the food again because we ate it too fast!
Gavin ate a jar of baby food...and his first french fry...don't turn me into the food police please...


Dinner was amazing because both boys sat through the entire meal with out a fuss...SUCCESS! 

Then it was time to head home...and we had two very tired children...
He fell asleep clutching his balloon...
Gavin NEVER sleeps in the car...this is a beautiful site for this mama...

Today was one of those good days.  I loved today.  Loved it.  I want to hold on to this day and others like it because these are the kind of days that keep me going on the hard ones.  These are the days that remind me about what is really important in life.  Today things don't get much better than this.
 
On our way home...

No comments:

Post a Comment